About SPARKING JOY WITH PLAY
ABOUT THIS PROJECT
The Sparking Joy Through Play initiative has provided many of the schools and orphanages supported by Living Water Children’s Fund with not only valuable training for the staff but also with play materials. These toys and games have provided the children with opportunities for growth and development in addition to joy.
SUPPORT THIS PROJECT
- Educate school staff about how play benefits child development.
- Provide ideas of play activities and how they can be modified for various needs.
- Raise money to purchase play materials for the sites.
- Art club created at one school
- Group activities are taking place at recess at multiple project sights
- LWCF teachers are helping to facilitate development through more play opportunities
Former LWCF BOD Member Colleen Cameron Whiting earned her doctorate in Occupational Therapy and launched this project to provide training for program team members at LWCF sites throughout the world.
Children in need at sites served by LWCF in Kenya, Tanzania, Guatemala, Haiti and Myanmar.